Monday, August 17, 2009

Learning the Facts of Life

Things are down to the wire with football production. All the while, we have equipment configuration and training going on... whew!

A couple of us took the crash course on the Centrio Multiviewer last week. The concept is easy, but the level of customization makes it extremely flexible. Since this system is tied directly to our Router, all of the input names are set by the router. Also, the tally display system passes these names through for consistency.

Today, we had an engineer setting up our Ross Switcher today, and there is training over the next three days on it. If you follow the link through, and want to see what we've got, we have the Vision 3 QMD/X control surface. I have to say, even with the little things that I learned about what the switcher can do, it made me that much more excited about it. Now I just have to learn how to make it sing before football starts ;)

Personally, I am completely moved out of my temporary shelter for the summer and back in my permanent home. Within the next week, the other guys will be moving down, as well.

I know that I have not been on top of the updates as best as I should, but there are lots of things going on right now! So many I can't even remember them all ;)

2 comments:

  1. Was hoping to see the big board in action tonight at the convocation, but guess I'll see it once the Hurricanes get going into preseason action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand that :)

    In the control room, we're still checking signal flow from machine to machine as well as working out a number of little bugs.

    It's a lot of growing pains now for a significant reward in the not-so-distant future :)

    ReplyDelete